The Office of Research and Programs collaborates with others throughout the Division of Student Affairs to plan and implement programs.
New Professionals Institute
The Division of Student Affairs New Professionals Institute (NPI) is designed to assist professionals with no more than 5 years of experience as they understand and support the broad responsibility of a Student Affairs practitioner. In Student Affairs at FSU new professionals will integrate the roles of (1) Professional, (2) Manager, and (3) Leader.
- Professional: Roles and responsibilities associated with a high standard of ethics, behavior, and motivation; interest and desire to do a job well.
- Manager: Roles and responsibilities associated with the practice and position of authority; interest and desire to create and sustain effective organizational systems.
- Leader: Roles and responsibilities associated with practice of solving complex problems; interest and desire to create positive sustainable change.
Throughout the NPI, professionals will be challenged to think critically about complex issues, enhance their effectiveness as a Student Affairs professional and to discover and respect new perspectives. The curriculum will include sessions on: Professionalism, Communication, Collaboration, Supervision, Student Advising, Program Development and Implementation, and Assessment.
This year's topics include:
- Professional Congruence
- Advising, Supervising, and Mentoring
- Budgeting, Planning, and Implementing Programs
- Life Balance
- Diversity in the Workplace